Chesapeake Art Contest
As the summer winds down, we want to make the joy we feel for the Chesapeake and its great rivers last all year long. Help us capture that joy and beauty that only our beloved watershed can offer.
Enter the Chesapeake Conservancy’s 2017 Art Contest by submitting your original artwork or photos.Your submission may be posted on our Facebook page and website to celebrate throughout the year.
That’s not all, our staff will choose a “winning” piece of art that we’ll feature on this year’s holiday cards, as well as other promotional materials. Credit of course will be given to the artist, along with a $200 Visa gift card!
Chesapeake Conservancy will gain non-exclusive limited rights to all media (for example, but not limited to, website or printed publications), but again, credit will be given to the artist.
Here are the rules:
- Your submission must be original.
- Artwork can be real or abstract.
- Any of the following media/techniques may be used: Paint (water, tempera, poster, acrylic, etc.), drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk, pastels, oil pastels, colored pencils, markers, etc.), or original photo.
- No artwork may depict copyrighted images (For example, artists may not depict characters from television shows, movies, video games or books).
- Submissions must include your name, address, phone number, and email.
- Submissions must be received by Chesapeake Conservancy by October 1, 2017.
- Submissions are to be either mailed or delivered in person to
By submitting your work to the Chesapeake Conservancy’s Chesapeake Art Contest 2017 you agree to the following:
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered artwork—and your name, city, state, country of residence and art Information —to be published as Winners of Chesapeake Conservancy’s Art Contest and on the Chesapeake Conservancy’s websites, and you grant to Chesapeake Conservancy and its licensees the perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entry (along with a name credit) in connection with the Chesapeake Conservancy Art Contest and promotion for the Chesapeake Conservancy, in any media now or hereafter known.
2. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Conservancy, their advertising and promotional agencies, or their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participant’s access to and use of the Conservancy’s websites, or the downloading or uploading and/or printing of material from said sites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Conservancy’s sites are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.